1 Apr 2018

Give your Honor 7 a Pixel makeover!


My Honor 7 is running Android 6 with the Huawei EMUI 4 skin. I never really liked the skin, the borders around the icons looks very ugly. I didn't want to install a launcher so I looked for a theme that could give my Honor 7 a more Google Pixel look and feel. I once tried Roundexicons but I didn't like that one. I was giving up hope and then I found Pixel EMi...


Pixel EMi theme by Vobiscum on XDA
I've been using Pixel EMi for a few weeks now and I really like it. It's easy to install, just a theme, but it changes the icons completely into round ones. Here's my home screen with Pixel EMi installed:


Notice the icons and folders are round. In the above the text of the clock and icons in the notification bar are white. This colour changes depending on the wallpaper you use. The following is with a different wallpaper:


In the above screen shot, with a different wallpaper the colour of the notification bar and text changed to black. This happens automatically, this picture is a little lighter than the previous one.

It isn't just the icons that change, the look of the Settings menu also changes significantly:


I really like this, I find it much clearer than the original from Huawei. It's subjective of course :-)


Download

Look for 'Download Theme', click the link, it'll download a file called Pixel EMi_20.hwt. Save this in your theme folder (HWThemes) on your phone. Then from the Themes app select Mine and the Pixel EMi theme (it'll be the last one in the list). 


Conclusion
If you have an Honor 7 and you'd like to give it a fresh look without installing a launcher, this is an easy option. As the phone was released in 2015, giving it any sort of makeover is a good thing. The best thing is that this is quick and easy to install. I've been using it for a while and I recommend it. Thanks to the creator of this theme; vobiscum

I have an Honor 7 and on the XDA website this theme says it is specifically for the Honor 7. However, it may work on other EMUI 4 phones. I do not know but it is likely. Maybe search on XDA for more information.


Disclaimer
In my opinion it's harmless and I've not experienced any bugs with this theme and that's why I recommend it. But I take no responsibility for anything that might happen when you download and install this theme or anything else. Install it at your own risk!






No comments: